The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is used by the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account holders or the people who want to invest in the sst scheme. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana online calculator tool is provided on the various authorized bank and indian post office sites for example the sukanya samriddhi yojana sbi calculator.
SSY Calculator helps the investors to have an overview of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme. This tool displays some key factors of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme like return on the investment and the interest rate provided by the scheme.
It helps the investors or the customers to calculate the returns and then wisely invest in the scheme in order to manage their expenses for the education and other such personality developmental activities or decisions taken in life. Now let’s have a look at the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme in order to understand the use of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator, Sukanya Yojana Calculation.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme – Overview
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme was introduced by the government of India under the beti bachao beti padhao campaign with other many such schemes in 2015.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is especially for promoting the education of young girls in India. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is hence available in all the authorized banks of India as well as in all the Indian post offices. In this scheme the legal guardians or the parents of a girl child can invest for her education or marriage and other future plans.
The scheme is eligible for girl child who is less than 10 years old. Now, 1 Year grace period is also provided to girls who are 10 years old, but that grace period is of just 1 additional year. This means she can open her Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna account till she is 11 years old.
The scheme also provides a good rate of interest and exemption of the taxes or the sukanya samriddhi yojana deduction throughout the investment done. This exemption of taxes on the interest provided as well as on the final amount withdrawn comes under section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna Calculation
- SSY scheme provides a minimum investment of Rs. 250 and the maximum investment of Rs. 1.5 lakh in a year.
- The depositor is required to invent every year till the 14th year from the starting of the scheme.
- After the 14th year there is no need of investment from the investors or the customers side.
- SSY scheme is 21 years long and allows the guardian or the girl herself to withdraw the amount with interest only when the girl has turned 18 years old or more.
- The interest is still provided on the invested amount till the 21st year.
Hence, the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator App will calculate the interest payable till 21st year of the girl child. You can also take help of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator chart or sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator in excel to do the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculation yourself in order to inform the to be investor or the account holder about the savings made throughout the 21 years of the scheme.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY Calculator – Process
There are a number of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculators available online to know about the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme for free and calculate the approximate amount of savings made by the investor. After the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme was launched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator has been very useful to the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana to be account holders as well as Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana current account holders.
Becoming Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY calculator user
As more and more people are investing in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme, the information on the benefits of the scheme is high in demand. The investors and the consumers search and need to calculate more accurate data regarding their investments, savings and the return on the investment.
In order to gain access to this Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator and in order to understand this too there is a specific eligibility criteria for the consumers and the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana investors. Some of the most important guidelines to attain the eligibility to use this calculator are:
- The girl child, in whose name the account is opened should be of 10 years old or less.
- The girl child should be a resident of India
- The account for the girl child can only be opened by her legal guardians.
- The account cannot be opened for more than two girls having the same legal guardian.
- There are also a number of listed documents that need to be submitted in the authorized organisation, in order to invest in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme and use the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator. The legal documents are hence listed below:
- The filled form for the opening of the scheme. The form consists of the basic information regarding the girl child as well as the legal guardians who are the account holders.
- The ID proofs and related documents of both the girl child as well as her guardians.
- The birth certificate of the girl child.
- Medical certificate in case of the birth of multiple children under a single birth order.
- The additional documents that are requested by the individual authorized authority be it the bank or the post office.
Hence the customers who are able to submit the above documents as well as meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria can open a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account and use the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator app and Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator charts which is sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator in excel.
Using the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY calculator and planning – As with time the ssy scheme has become one of the most known and promising investment schemes amongst the people, more and more investors want to invest in it and use the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana online calculator to calculate the savings. One of the reasons behind the success of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is the highly useful Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator and the results of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculation.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator guides its users in terms of giving them an idea of the amount they can invest yearly in order to get good returns after the 21 years of the scheme. Some of the main elements of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana online calculator are rate of interest, compounding, age of the girl child, principal interest, number of times the interest is compounded in an year and the number of years that is 21 years.
You can open SSY Accounts in various banks like SBI, ICICI , HDFC etc
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator Post Office
Snapshot of Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme Account opened with Post Office:
I had got this account opened in 2016 and have been depositing small investments to the tune of INR 10,000 to INR 20,000 and also utilizing these under section 80 C under Income Tax Savings.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna Interest Rate as on March 2020 : 8.4%
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna Interest Rate as on May 2020 : 7.6%
To have an overview of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme and the various changing interest rates by the government of India and to use the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest rate calculator there is a table marking the changing interest rates with respect to the various financial years:
|Financial Year||Interest Rate per annum|
|Upto March 2015||9.1%|
|April 2016 to Sept 2016||8.6%|
|April 2017 to June 2017||8.4%.|
|Jan 2018 to Sept 2018||8.1%|
|Jan 2019 to March 2020||8.4%|
|April 2015 to March 2016||9.2%|
|Oct 2016 to March 2017||8.5%|
|July 2017 to Dec 2017||8.3%|
|Oct 2018 to Jun 2019||8.5%|
|April 2020 onwards||7,6%|
There is also a formula on which the whole Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculation and the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator aap as well as Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator chart is based on:
A = P (1 + r/n) ^ nt
A is Compound Interest ; P is Principal Interest ; r is Rate of interest ; n is Number of times the interest compounds in a year and t is Number of years.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY calculator : The working
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator working totally depends on the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme and its various variables affecting it. Therefore it can be said that the working of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is totally based on the amounts entered by the investor in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator in order to do the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculation and obtain productive results. One of the factors that remains constant is the duration of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme that is 21 years.
Another factor determined by the government of India on which the working of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator depends is, the rate of interest or the interest percentage which is determined with the help of Sukanya Samridhhi interest rate calculator.
The government determines the rate of interest according to the liquidity in the market and if it wants the customers to invest more or less. The working of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator can be studied by understanding its properties that doesn’t change with the changing factors.
- Some of the properties of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator are:
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator assumes that the investor or the account holder is contributing the same amount every year.
- From the 15th year of investment scheme to the 21st year itself there is no need for the customer to contribute anymore. The interest hence is calculated on the basis of the contributions made in the first 15 years of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana investment scheme.
- One of the most important properties is that the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator considers the interest generated while calculating the final amount.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY calculator Interpretation : Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator or SSY Calculator Online has to be rightly interpreted in order to take steps regarding the investment in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme. For the interpretation of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculations there are some important terms that need to be understood.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator shows its users the year in which the account will mature. Another important information showed by the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculation is the maturity value that is dependent on the information provided by the investor or the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator user.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator also displays the total interest gained using the maturity value and the breakup of the amount that the investor needs to invest monthly or yearly in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme in order to obtain more savings by the end of it.
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator also shows certain compounding benefits which are available for the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme applicants. After arriving at the maturity value, the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator assumes the interest rate as mentioned by the government of India in that particular fiscal year for the next 21 years.
- Some of the interpreted data provided by the Sukanya Samriddhi
Yojana calculator is:
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest, Maturity and Return Calculator :
- These are used for the calculation of the date of maturity, applicable interest rate, estimated amount of interest and the return on investment, maturity and view graph of the year wise growth for
- Fixed monthly and yearly, fixed monthly but variable yearly and fixed yearly too plus variable modes of investment.
- Accounts opened since launch of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana or scheme till date.
- Actual Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest and yearly Balance Calculator : This can be used for the calculation of the actual amount of the yearly interest earned and closing balance on the yearly basis for the PPF accounts opened since the launch of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana or scheme.
Sukanya Yojana Calculator Chart
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator chart, which is provided by the sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator in excel and the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator App are some of the handy tools in order to do the Sukanya Yojana Calculation.
Assuming you just not invest for the minimum tenure which is 15 years, but for the whole tenure ie, 21 years, an example of the Sukanya Yojana Calculation Result is shown below according to the information provided by a depositor or the account holder. Here the most important information is the investment.
|Year||FY||Interest Rate %||Deposit||Interest||Balance||RoI%|
Therefore the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator can be used by anyone who is eligible for opening a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account or has a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account in any authorized bank or Indian post office for the Sukanya Yojana calculation. The Central Government notifies the interest rate to the various authorized banks and post offices time to time.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator – Conclusion
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY Calculator is one of the most prominent and helpful tools if you are the policy holder or are going to adapt the policy soon.
The Calculator be it on any site or excel sheet will help one plan for the future of his or her daughter. In order to make the efficient use of the calculator the Policy holder can always refer to other tools like sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator in excel or sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator chart and side by side calculate the interest rate with the help of sukanya samriddhi yojana interest rate calculator.
Therefore for any problems related to the calculation of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the best tool to use is the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY Calculator.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna FAQs
⭐ For how many years do you need to pay for Sukanya samriddhi Yojana?
The account holder needs to invest minimum for 14 years upto 21 years in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme. The investment reaches its maturity after 21 years from the date the account was opened.
⭐ Is it good to invest in Sukanya samriddhi Yojana?
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is a good scheme to invest in as it provides high interest rates. It has been offering more than 0.5% over PPF Interest Rates till now. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana gives high returns of 7.6% in 2020 and other benefits too like exception of taxes which comes under the sukanya samriddhi yojana deduction till the end of the scheme.
⭐ Which bank is best for Sukanya samriddhi Yojana?
There are a number banks appropriate for the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme:
-State Bank of India (SBI)
-Bank of India (BOI)
-Bank of Baroda (BOB) etc.
⭐ Is Sukanya Samriddhi better than PPF?
The Interest granted in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana remains usually higher than that provided in a PPF. For example the Rate of interest on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is 7,6% whereas the rate of interest provided on a PPF account is 7.1% as on May 2020. Also most banks provide less interest on the long term FDs.
⭐ How many times can we deposit money in Sukanya Yojana?
The account holder has to deposit minimum Rs. 250 and maximum Rs. 1.5 lakh once a year. the minimum tenure is 14 years and maximum tenure is 21 years.
⭐ Can parents withdraw money from Sukanya samriddhi account?
The parents or the guardian can withdraw the money from the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account only after the girl child has turned 18 years but not before that.
The person who will withdraw needs to submit the required documents of the girl child in order to withdraw the money.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account also allows the depositor to partially withdraw their money as and when they need it.
⭐ Which policy is best for a girl child?
There are a number of policies to invest for the girl child :
-Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
-Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
-Balika Samriddhi Yojana
-National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education
⭐ Can I open 2 Sukanya samriddhi accounts?
One guardian can open a maximum of two accounts in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme. But only one account is allowed to be open in the name of one girl child.
⭐ Is Sukanya samriddhi maturity tax free?
Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme the interest earned as well as the maturity amount is tax free. The tax deduction or the sukanya samriddhi yojana deduction benefit is on the principal amount till Rs. 1,5 Lakh per annum under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
⭐ Who can deposit money in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
There is an eligibility criteria to deposit money in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme.
The depositor must be a guardian or parent of a girl child less than the age of 10 years. The deposit can only be made by the legal guardians of the girl child until she is 18 years old.
⭐ How is interest calculated in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme offers an interest rate of 7.6%, which can be changed by the government accordingly in any fiscal year. Well in detail the process is mentioned above under the same heading as the question.
⭐Can we increase the amount in Sukanya samriddhi Yojana?
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme allows the depositor to deposit a minimum of Rs. 250 and a maximum of Rs. 1.5 Lakh in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account every year.
⭐ Can I open both PPF and Sukanya Samriddhi account?
Yes , you can open both a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account as well as a PPF account for your girl child.