General Insurance enables us to provide shield against health, travel, theft, accidents etc. It covers mostly all important sectors other than life insurance. There are a number of general insurance companies in India –
- Public Sector – 4 companies
- Private Sector – 22 companies
Types of General Insurance
- Motor Insurance – Covers accidental damages caused by two/four wheelers
- Health Insurance – Covers individual’s health against illnesses and surgery costs
- Travel Insurance – Covers loss of baggage, passport and other items we carry while traveling. Travel Insurance comes for an individual, family, student and senior citizens.
- Home Insurance – Covers home against natural calamities like earthquake, flood etc and man made mishaps like fire, theft etc.
List of General Insurance Companies in India
|Company||Head Office||Full Address||Website||CEO||Customer Care Toll Free No||Customer Care Email ID|
|Acko General Insurance||MUMBAI||Unit No. 301 & 302, 3rd Floor, F Wing, Lotus Corporate Park, Off Western Express Highway, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400 063.||Mr. Varun Dua||www.acko.com||1800 266 2256|