ICICI Lombard is a leading General Insurance company found in 2001 which is headquartered in Mumbai. ICICI Lombard gets its major chunk of business via bancassurance channel as it forms a part of ICICI group which also owns ICICI Bank. There are approx 9,000 employess currently working at ICICI Lombard.
Various types of products being sold by ICICI Lombard including Health Insurance are:
- ICICI Lombard Home Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Travel insurance
- ICICI Lombard Crop/weather Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Property Insurance
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance features
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance can be acquired as an individual health plan or even as a family floater health insurance allowing the holder of the policy to include his/her family members in the plan.
- Subjected to the plan you buy, the duration of health insurance plans is generally between 1 to 2 years or sometimes 3 years.
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans can be purchased offline and even online by accessing the official website of the desired insurance company
- The Health insurance plans provide complete medical coverage to its policyholders and ensure efficient and appropriate treatment facility to the insured.
- The Health insurance plans impose a waiting period of two to four years in case if an individual retains any pre existing diseases.
- ICICI Lombard Pre and post hospitalisation expenses are also offered for 30 to 90 days before the period of hospitalisation and 60 to 120 days after the discharge from the hospital.
- Co- payment facility is also provided in health insurance plans where the insured individual and the insurance company contribute the claim amount in a specified percentage. The percentage is decided at the period of buying of the health insurance plan. However, co-payment is applicable only in some specified cases and is not commonly applicable under all health insurance plans.
- Various types of premium discounts are also offered by health insurance policies to its policyholders.
- The coverage of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans can be enhanced by adding critical illness rider with the plan to avail coverage for critical illnesses like heart attack, cancer, kidney failures, brain tumours, etc.
- Apart from critical illness rider, there are other types of riders too which can be involved in the plan for attaining a comprehensive scope of coverage that health insurance plans offer.
- Before getting the policy issued, an individual might have to pass a pre-entrance health check-up. Such requirement of pre-entrance medical check-up is entirely dependent upon the sum insured chosen and the age of the insured member.
- The whole expense of conducting pre-entrance medical check-ups is paid by the policyholder. Although, if the policy gets approved and issued by the insurance company, 50% or 100% of the costs are reimbursed depending on the policy chosen.
- Claims under ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans can either be paid directly from the insurance company to the hospital or else, the medical bills are first borne by the policyholder and later reimbursed by their insurance company.
ICICI Lombard Customer Care Number
Contact ICICI Lombard Toll Free: 1800 2666
ICICI Lombard customer care email id: [email protected]
Health Insurance Premium Calculator
There are multiple online health insurance premium calculators which help you assist you in finding the exact amount of premium payable for your health insurance policy.
Such calculators are offered by many health insurance companies where you can easily enter in your coverage details like your age, number of members to be covered, their age, sum insured, term, etc. and the calculator would display the premium payable, thereby making your decision firm by fair comparison.
Or else, you can simply visit ICICI Lombard to check what coverage they are offering at what premium.
For a 5 Lac Coverage Plan, for a 30 year old male, you get below premiums:
The ICICI Lombard Premium Calculator also serves as a family health insurance premium calculator as the premium of a family floater plan can also be calculated using it. If you opt to use insurance aggregator websites, you would be able to detect the health insurance premium of different health insurance policies at once and hence decide to invest in the most suitable policy without compromising on the coverage.
You can select add-ons basis your requirement, add additional family members and make the payment online
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance FAQs
⭐ What is ICICI Health Insurance?
A health insurance policy is an insurance contract which covers the payback of medical costs induced by an individual in case of hospitalization. Any health insurance policy substitiutes the financial implications suffered at the time of medical contingencies by either paying the actual medical costs incurred or a lump sum benefit depending on the plan’s coverage features. ICICI Lombard is a leading insurance company which offers Health Insurance products.
⭐ Why should I buy ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
There are many reasons to buy ICICI Lombard health policy. The undergo costs procured on medical treatments, hospitalization and medical assistance have escalated substantially.
Moreover, medical inflation is also gradually increasing. As a consequence, it has emerged as nearly unfeasible for an ordinary person to meet such heavy financial strain incurred at the time of a medical contingency.
Leadingly, a health insurance plan covers medical costs by providing relief from the financial strain which you might have otherwise suffered. Due to this fact, one should buy a health insurance policy.
⭐ How can I pay premium for ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Online?
You can opt for online mode of premium payment which is uncomplicated and convenient to use on the ICICI Lombard website.
The online website of your insurance company will permit you to make premium payments on your health insurance policies online. Visit your company’s official web address to research about the best suited policies, renew your health insurance plan ot to deposit the premium online.
There are different available modes for online premium payment involving debit card, credit card, mobile wallet, net banking facility offered by your bank, NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, UPI modes and many additional digital payment methods.
However, premiums can also be paid offline by depositing cash, cheque or demand draft at the branch office of your insurance company or via your health insurance agent.
⭐ Can I add name in ICICI Lombard Health Insurance policy
If you have a family floater ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plan, it is quite convenient to add a family member in your health insurance policy through the expert assistance from the customer care of ICICI Lombard health insurance company.
To add the name of your family member, you can contact them on their tollfree number or you can even write an email to avail assistance from their team of experts to understand the right procedure to add the name of the family member to your existing health insurance plan.
The name of the member can be added throughout the tenure of the policy.
You can also make the addition by making an appeal to the insurance company for the same and by paying the additional premium for including the individual mid-way through the policy tenure.
Otherwise, you can also add the name of the family member at the duration of renewal of your health insurance policy.
However, if you have an individual health insurance plan, you would have to wait till renewal to convert it into a family floater health plan and add a family member to its coverage.