SBI Life Insurance is a joint venture between State Bank of India (70.1%) and BNP Paribas Cardiff, a french bank (26%). SBI Life started its operations in 2001 mainly through bancassurance channel.
- Mr. Arijit Basu (MD & CEO)
- Mr. Sanjeev Pujari (CRO)
- Mr. Sangramjit Sarangi (CFO)
- Mr. Subhendu Bal (Appointed Actuary)
- Mr. Gopikrishna Shenoy (CIO)
- Assets under Management: INR 1 Lac Crore
- Total Network: 801 Branches
- Gross Written Premium: INR 15,825 Crore
- Sales through Agency Channel: 39%
- Sales through bancassurance Channel: 45%
- New business Annualized Premium Equivalent (APE): INR 4,878 Crores
- New Business Market Share: 5.10%
- Persistency Ratio: 77.67%
- Claim Settlement Ratio: 95.77%
- Earnings per Share: 8.61
- Book value per Share: 47.33
- New Business Margin: 14.2%
Recent News on SBI Life Insurance
SBI Life has come up with Initial Public Offering of INR 8,400 crores. The IPO has been subscribed 3.6 times the issue size, although HNI and retail investors did not show much interest on the IPO.
The SBI Life IPO received bids for 31.43 crore shares against 8.82 crores. SBI Life Insurance market valuation is estimated to be worth INR 70,000 crores.
Similarly, ICICI Lombard IPO saw 2.98 times subscription which SBI life got 3.6 times.