Tata AIA was formed on 1st April 2001 as a joint venture between Tata Sons Ltd. and AIA Group Ltd.
With “Making good happen is the reason we exist” mission, the vision 2020 is to target 2 million customers and to be among top 5 insurers with the following values – Integrity, Value performance, Entrepreneurship, market facing and deliver on promise.
- Mr. Naveen Tahilyani (MD & CEO)
- Mr. Heerak Basu (Appointed Actuary)
- Mr. Rishi Srivastava (CMO,CPO)
- Mr. H. Venkatachalam Iyer (Head Partner Distribution)
- Ms. Kristyl Pais Bhesania (CHO)
- Mr. Subhash Pillai (CFO)
- Mr. Harshad Patil (CIO)
- Mr. Sanjay Arora (CRO)
Financials for FY’16
- Premium Collected: INR 2,508 crore
- 1st Year Premiums: INR 724 crore
- Renewal Premiums: INR 1,738 crore
- Commissions Paid to Agents/Brokers/Agencies etc: INR 149 crore
- Total Claims made: INR 2,891 crore
- Claims by death: INR 138 crore
- Share holding breakup: Tata Sons Ltd. 99.62 crore shares (51%), AIA International Ltd. 95.72 crore shares (49%)
Latest Updates about Tata AIA
Tata AIA in Decmber 2016 placed a non-binding bid to acquire 70% stake in PNB Metlife @INR 2,700 crore.
Later in March 2017, Tata AIA joined hands with Tata Teleservices and launched m-insurance. M-insurance will provide INR 1 lac life insurance policies to the subscriber base of Tata Teleservices in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana